25.8.10

Slouchy Beanie


{photo source: me}

The other day my sister was shopping the web for one of those slouchy hipster beanies (average price: $10 -$20). "Not if I can do it for $4!" I cried. Needless to say, I didn't charge for the 2-3 hours labor - just the yarn, a skein of Caron Simply Soft.

It took me awhile to locate the perfect pattern: it had to accommodate my lack of experience, look decent, and use worsted weight yarn and a hook size I owned. The one I managed to find is gold (not to mention a great way to practice your double crochet).

I should note that I changed the pattern slightly. I only worked through round 21, and then I did one round of single crochet in just the back loops to create an edge for the hat.
I also worked 5 decrease stitches in that last round. I tried to make the decreases even (following this method). Didn't work. However, it looks fine. So if you want to make one like mine, just be sure to decrease 5 times. Placement is unimportant.

FYI: My sister's head measurement is 22 inches.


{photo source: me}



{photo source: me}

No comments:

Post a Comment