27.8.10

Zinnia Headband

I've never made a crochet flower before this. It was fun and instantly gratifying. And, since my little sister can never have too many hair accessories (mainly because she loses all of them), I attached the flower to a 5/8" wide elastic band to make a headband. 


{photo source: me}


{photo source: me}

I'm not sure why she made this face. Probably because I had just told her that I'd give her a marshmallow if she stood still for a second. 
  • To make a headband, cut a piece of elastic that fits around your (or the person you're making the headband for) head comfortably, adding a 1/2" for seam allowance. Lap the ends over each other by 1/4" and hand-stitch together. Slip on the headband and decide where you want the flower. Pin it in place and remove headband. Sew the flower in place through the flower's center.

1 comment:

  1. That is an adorable photo! Great job on the flower, too! :)

    ReplyDelete